Life running in the dessert

I created a virtual race

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 2:29 PM
I have thought about this project for some time. I have put together a virtual race! I have done a few virtual races in the past and have enjoyed the experience. A great concept: register for a race, submit a time and receive a finisher medal.

Many runners look at this as a great option from a traditional race. The registration fees are not as high. There is no travel to a race. There is no cost that comes from participating in a race such as travel fees, lodging fees, food, etc..

I have met many runners who would register for a virtual race even if they do many traditional races throughout the year. Some will run for a charity for the race is supporting. Others will run for the unique finisher medal.

So while putting together this race, I wanted to design a great medal that would be unique from other virtual race medals. I thought about making themed medals around the holidays and movies. But there's plenty of those medals out there. So I decided to make mine about cities, landmarks, or central parts of a city.

When it came to charity, I wanted to do something different. I'm a believer in giving back to the community. But I wanted to give back to the running community. I'll get into details about that later. But I think it's a great concept where runners can earn money for their own races.

But for now, here is my first virtual race: The Cable Car Half Marathon.





Here are the details of the medal:

Material and process: zinc alloy die casting (with cutouts)
Plating: antique brass
Size:diameter on 4''
Thickness: base thickness is 5 mm, 3D part will be 8mm.
Cable car center: 3D design with soft enamel for color
Backside: sandblasted design

The words: 'Cable Car Half Marathon' and the two rings around the medal are engraved.


Below is the ribbon design:

If you would like to register, you can click on the below link:

http://www.justrunyourcity.com/product-page/cable-car-half-marathon-virtual-race




Stay tuned, I'll be posting how I'll be giving back to runners from this Virtual Race!!

You can also check out the website: www.justrunyourcity.com

1 comments:

Cool medal! We've got some great virtual races at www.virtualrunevent.com

Post a Comment