Life running in the dessert

Race week

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 7:59 AM

I have been doing more visualization, trying to get my mind seeing the race and mentally preparing for many circumstances that may occur. Thing that I have been trying to work on the most is trying not to get too excited for the race, such as I don't want to psych myself out of the race. This can be easy to do, especially since so much time has gone into prepping for the race, and I want to run a great race.

Much of this week will be mental prep, most of the physical prep is pass. I look forward to this week and I hope that the rest of my preparation this week will go well. 

The race is now only a few days away. During training, I though this day would never come, but now I enter the last few days of workouts. This is a tapering week, so the workouts for the first part of the week are not going to be as tough as previous weeks, and no running is going to take place on Thursday and Friday. And if there is any running, its going to be very minimal. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment