Life running in the dessert

250 miles in August

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 9:43 PM
A friend of mine made a goal to run 100 miles in July, and she has met that goal today. This is exciting and very inspiring. When people make goals, then working hard to achieve them, I think is one of the best things to witness. You see that sense of accomplishment in their countenance. Then, you see them go to make bigger and greater goals.

So throughout the day, I have thought about a running goal for the month of August. I have a race coming up the second weekend in September, and I want to have a great showing there. So after much though about the training I would have to do in preparation for this event, I have decided to run 250 miles in August.

At first, it may seem like a daunting task, but I think that it is appropriate to get ready for the Big Cottonwood Half Marathon. I have even included a countdown clock on my blog, so that it can be a constant reminder to keep going.


My goal for Big Cottonwood is not only about running. I'm going to be making changes in my diet, and going to include strength training to get better physically. I also want to include meditation and visualization to be more prepared mentally. I'll include more details about these along the way.

I'm going to be keeping daily tabs on my progress for the miles I complete. There are a few programs that can track these things. I'm not sure which one would be best, such as DailyMile and Garmin Connect. But, my result will be posted.

So I just quickly wanted to put my goal out there to everybody. 250 miles in August.

0 comments:

Post a Comment