Life running in the dessert

Next Race: Big Cottonwood Canyon Half Marathon

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 9:37 AM
Just over six weeks away is one of my favorite half marathons in Utah. When I first ran Big Cottonwood half a year, I knew that I would come back to the race year after year. The race is very organized, the staff and volunteers are amazing, and the scenery is beyond incredible. And on top of all that, the finisher medals are probably one of Utah's best. For being a mostly downhill race, makes chances for a PR highly likely. And for those who are going for the full marathon distance, this is a Boston qualifying race. When people ask me what race I suggest for them to do in Utah, I tell them to look into this race. I see it as an event that has it all, and I think that it'll be one of Utah's premier races.

Many runners that I have spoken to about the race talk about the scenery, with the race taking place in September, the trees are starting to change color, welcoming the fall season. Below are some pictures of Big Cottonwood Canyon.








The other big perk about the race, are the very large finisher medals. This is what attracted me to the race first. And they are high quality medals. I really look forward to this years medal.





In all, this is a great race to run, I think I've said that too many times, but if you are looking to run a half marathon race this early fall, consider this race. You'll be glad that you did.

Here is the site:
http://www.bigcottonwoodmarathon.com/

Here are the details:

Race Date: Sept. 13, 2014

Pricing

Date RangeMarathonHalf Marathon
Nov 25, 2013 to Apr 14, 2014$94.95$74.95
Apr 15, 2014 to Aug 14, 2014$104.95$84.95
Aug 15, 2014 to Sep 3, 2014$114.95$94.95
  • No processing fees during checkout.
  • $5.00 Facebook discount available during checkout.

Registration Includes

  • An incredibly fast and beautiful race.
  • Free race day photos.
  • Free personalized highlight video.
  • A medal you will be proud to display.
  • Best technical shirt ever.
  • Great swag that you will want to keep.
  • Gloves & mylar blanket for the start.
  • Great food & fun at the finish.
  • Generous transfer/withdrawal policy.

1 comments:

Very useful article buddy keep it up I came to know a website that are having good motivational contents on home gym and other motivational contents

Post a Comment