Life running in the dessert

I run, therefore I'm nuts

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 10:47 PM
"I run, therefore I'm nuts" this is a title of a book that I have read many years ago about distance running. Over there years, I have thought to myself; 'am I really nuts for doing this[running]?' I mean, who in their right mind would voluntarily put themselves through pain, dehydration and despair for long periods of time? Oh yeah..runners do. But that is the beauty of running, many people who do not run, think that we 'runners' are a bunch of weirdos who like to torture ourselves. Running is far from that. Running does so many different things for different people. Some are in it for the competition, others for stress relief. Some do it for the social benefits,  some for the scenery and the chance to travel. Many run for the health aspects and getting into better shape. And then there are some, who just run....

Every runner has their own reasons, and there can be thousands of different reasons why they do. But for whatever those are, it forms a bond across every runner. It helps unite people from different lands and cultures. Seriously, you could be a beginner, and talking to someone that has been running for years, and you're talking like best friends, even though that you just met. That is one of the things that I really love about this sport.

So come here often, I want to share my advice and experiences with all who comes and reads my blog. And from the information that you get here, take only the things that apply to and what you think would help. All runners are different, so one things is not going to work for everybody. And that is what I'm going to try to do here, is give some real world advice to all those who to run better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment