Life running in the dessert

First 11 days of the 250 mile goal

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 8:23 AM
One third of the month is gone, so I think it it'll be great to look at where I stand for my goal to run 250 miles this month. Below is a screen shot of dailymile.com,


So far it has not been a bad month. Many would be very happy to have ran 50 miles in the 11 day period. However, I look at this chart and think, that I should be around 85 miles at this point. From the chart, there was no running on the 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th and 10th. The 3rd and 10th are Sundays, I usually treat those as rest days.  There was no running activity from the 6th to the 8th, which was Wednesday Thursday and Friday. These are days that I should have ran, but didn't due to rest and injury. I don't think missing these three days was a deal breaker for the goal, I think that my body needed the time to recover. I do look back on it and think that if I ran those three days, I would be closer to being on track for my goal. But I think that I've been running better the last few days, so I think that the mileage will increase as the months moves forward. Until then, only 200 miles to go for the month of August.

0 comments:

Post a Comment