Life running in the dessert

I run, therefore I'm nuts - Part 2

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 11:17 PM


Do you know what's crazy? Its been about 10 days, and in that span, I've only ran once. I've been recovering from a sore right ankle, and its killing me that I'm not running. I have plans! I have races to prepare for! Goals to accomplish! And this ankle to throwing off my groove.

In my first blog post, I wrote about that there can be thousands of reasons that people will run. Those reasons may change from time to time, but people will always want to run. As this year has evolved, and I have been running more and participating in more races. My love for running has also evolved, and I find myself wanting to run more races and make bigger goals. 


I look back at the past few years:
-In 2010, ran two Ragnar races and one marathon.
-In 2011, ran one Ragnar race
-In 2012, ran a couple a Ragnar races
-In 2013, I ran four races including one Ragnar
-This year 2014, I've ran eight races(so far)
-In 2015, I'm planning to run around 15 races.

Since 2010, my running has increased, and I think it'll continue to increase as time goes on. 

So, getting back to my ankle, I need to get back to running as soon as possible. Not just for getting ready for races, but getting back to part of what I do and what I love. Is it crazy to say that I want to get back to voluntarily putting myself through pain and exhaustion? Well yes, but then again.....I'm nuts.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment