Life running in the dessert

Ragnar Fever in 2014

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 10:42 AM


I have heard of many different running accomplishments. I have seen many stories online about people setting goals and working hard to achieve them. I have met runners that have inspired me to re-commit myself to a higher level.  I have heard others talking about what they have done in terms to running multiple races in one year, and again, made me aim to higher goals.

This one I think is pretty unique.

Earlier this year, there is a runner by the name of Jeanine, who has just completed all 14 Ragnar Relays for 2014. ALL 14!! You heard me correctly. She has participated in every Ragnar Relay race besides the Trail Relays for 2014. I have never heard of anything so cool and ridiculous when it comes to this relay series. I don't think anyone has done it before, or at least, no one that Ragnar has mentioned.

This picture was posted on Ragnar's facebook page, complete with all bibs, medals and double medals. This is a total of 19 medals for the year, just with this series. I really wonder if she has done other races throughout the year. My guess she has!



When I first heard about this, I thought, what an amazing accomplishment! I can only imagine the planning that had to into something like this. Also the mental strength to keep focus on the end goal as the year went on. I have done at most three Ragnar races in the same year, and I thought that was a lot. And here is one runner that has completed all 14.

Going froward now, I wonder if Jeanine is going to do something like this again. I also wonder how many other runners will make a goal like this. I have read many facebook comments about Jenny either being rich, jobless, no kids or family to accomplish this goal. I'm not sure if any of that applies to her. I know that it would be harder to complete a goal like this if one had job where you had to come in the office everyday. Or family to take care of. Regardless, she has worked and achieved an amazing goal.

I really hope to see other runners making goals like these. Its stories like this that inspire. It shows us that there are always higher levels of accomplishment to make goals for. My advice to you is, make a goal so big that if you were to achieve it; it'll literally blow you away.

Live your dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment