Life running in the dessert

Snow Canyon Half Marathon is Here

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 10:54 PM


The last race of the year has come,  and yet, I feel that I'm going to be running in another race or two before 2015 comes around. For now though, I would like to go into this weekend thinking that this will be the last race of the year and start to focus on getting ready for the full marathon coming next February.

I'm looking forward to this race, I have been wanting to run this race for a few years now, and now my schedule has allowed me to come to this race. I have seen many pictures of Snow Canyon  State Park and I look forward to seeing the red rock while running. I think I'll take more time to enjoy the scenery for this run, I didn't take the time I wanted to enjoy the views for Big Cottonwood earlier this year. 

This run will be great for another reason, earlier this year I have entered into the St.George Running Series. With this series, by running any two of the nine races by the series, automatically enters you in the St. George Marathon. This is a great way to enter the race without having to worry about getting selected in the lotto. The next race I plan to run in the series is the St. George Half Marathon in January 2015.

0 comments:

Post a Comment