Life running in the dessert

Upcoming Snow Canyon Half Marathon

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 10:58 AM


Only one more week until the Snow Canyon Half in St. George! I've been wanting to run this race for a few years now, and now the wait is about over. I love the red rock cliffs in southern Utah, and I've only caught glimpses of Snow Canyon. Friends and family tell me that the scenery is incredible, almost a look of while sand on the red rocks.

This race has been on the radar for most of this year, I've wanted to race to be a PR race. The course is mostly downhill, there are a few rolling hill throughout. The temperature will be lower because of the fall weather, and from what I've heard, the support will be amazing. This has all the ingredients for a PR, and I would really to beat my time of 1:29.

My training up to this point has not been bad, but not really where I wanted it to be for this race. Big Cottonwood is still fresh on my mind, and I have spent a few weeks in recovery from that race. I did at times feel bad about not getting my goal time, which made a slight blow to my confidence. It seemed that I was in a rut for a couple of weeks. I never really got over it until I ran Lake Powell Half last weekend. I ran a decent time in Powell without really gunning for a great time, and my pre-race prep was a lot better for Powell. I think if I combine the two experiences, Snow Canyon should be a great race, and even better if I come home with a PR.

This is the last race I'm planning to do this year, I've seen other half marathons in November, but I have no plans to run any beyond this weekend. I know that this may change, especially if it is a smaller race or shorter distance. But the plan for now is, train for the Surf City Marathon after this weekend, another race I've been wanting to run for a few years.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment