Life running in the dessert

No Carbonation for 2015

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 10:00 AM


On New Years Eve in 2012, I've made a resolution with a good friend Eithan Smalley, to go with out carbonated drinks for 2013. At the time, we both loved our Mountain Dew and Diet Coke, and thought that this resolution would last a couple of days. Interestingly, we went without for 18 months.

I have since then drank enough soda to sink the Bismarck..... I'm not really proud of it. I do enjoy drinking a Diet Coke after a run, but I know that it is not the healthiest thing to consume post run.

I have thought about making this a goal again for 2015. The great thing is that I know that I can accomplish this goal because I have gone 18 months earlier. It was not easy the first time round, and I'm sure that it wont be easy the second time, but I think that it'll help me be more healthy for this coming year.

Now this soda fast has little to do with the debate about carbonation being bad for runners. I have heard dozens of health and training professionals that told me that it does or does not affect performance when running. I have my own personal opinion about it, but this challenge is more about overall drinking healthier beverages.

So I ask that you join me in the quest for going without soda in 2015! This is not an easy one for those who drink carbonated drinks. But this will be better for your overall health!

JOIN ME!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment