Life running in the dessert

Spartan vs Tough Mudder

♠ Posted by Paul Naylor at 10:00 AM
I have made a goal for this coming year to run a Spartan or Tough Mudder race. These are both great race by great companies, but when it comes to deciding between the two, it can be hard to know which one would be better.

                 

I had several friends compete in both races, and they all have great things to say about them, and they had great experiences. I first heard of these races a few years ago and have been fascinated by them. It is one thing to run a long distance race, but entirely different thing when running that long distance race with several obstacles.

The closest thing I have done to one of these races was the Dirty Dash in Midway, Utah. I was invited by a few friends and we all participated in the 6+ miles course. This was the early summer of 2013.

I really enjoyed this race! It was the first time running in the mud and the obstacles made it for a fun day. However, many of my friends told me that it was nothing compared to either a Spartan or Tough Mudder. Hearing this really made me want to do one of these races, but during the rest of 2013 and 2014, I never had time in my schedule for one. 

In 2015, I hope to compete in my first one. I'm not sure if I'm going to participate in Spartan or Tough Mudder, each race has it own benefits that makes it a great race. So I'm going to do some research on the two, and see if I can have a race picked out so that I can get it in my schedule.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment